Tuesday, October 2, 2012

So many thoughts... Post One of Three

The last couple of days I've had a lot of thoughts running through my head that are all loosely connected, but really quite different things. I've decided to give to each its own blog post. I think they are all worthy of your time and mine, so please read all three!


It's that time again. October 15th is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day, and  yesterday kicked off a whole month of awareness raising events. The image above will be my Facebook profile image for the month of October. Yes, I realize that I am also expecting Baby Graber sometime this month, but his image and images of us together will have eleven months of the year to grace my Facebook page. My baby girl, Faith, will always be remembered for the month of October.

If you have suffered a miscarriage, stillbirth, or infant loss, I encourage you to visit this site to find the appropriate image for your loss and use it as your Facebook profile image for some or all of this month. There is incredible loneliness in the loss of a pregnancy or child. No woman should ever have to feel any more alone than they have to. Help tell the world and those around you that we are not alone in our losses, that despite being a horrible club in which to belong the "mothers of children who are not here club" is ready to support each other through the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment